Guidelines of International Mathematics and Assessments for Schools
(1) The International Mathematics and Assessment for Schools (IMAS) is in search for a Region or National Coordinator for every member region/country. The application is now open on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis and interested applicant may manifest one’s intention by sending a Notice of Intent to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org . The IMAS Central Office will deliberate the application and its approval will be made known through email. Likewise, IMAS Central Office will send to each coordinator his/her own language version of test question for the first round in electronic file before October 30, 2011. The coordinator must take charge of the reproduction of the contest papers and set rules for test administration.
(2) Every region/country must organize their own Contest Administration Team to handle every IMAS activity of which its first round of examination may be conducted in November or December 2011 and the second round on any of these dates January and February 2012. In order to preserve the integrity of the IMAS, test questionnaires should be collected from the participants after the writing and such can only be given back to them after every deadline, the period where test is presumed to have already been administered in all regions/countries.
3. The contest papers are written in Chinese and English. The region/country preferring the papers to be in their language must nominate, not later than October 1, 2011, a math expert translator who will not only be a member of the translation committee but also be invited to a translators’ meeting of which the place/venue will be specified and travel expenses will be shouldered by the IMAS Central Office.
4). The Contest Administration Team may adopt either optical scanner or manual scoring in checking the 1st round answers of all the contestants. Furthermore, the IMAS Coordinator must accomplish the following items and submit them to the IMAS Central Office on the dates specified herein:
a. IMAS 1st Round: Its results encoded in Excel spreadsheet must be submitted not later than December 20, 2011;
b. IMAS 2nd Round: Its results still encoded in Excel spreadsheet, list of top scorers’ names, and papers must be submitted on or before March 20, 2012.
All results will be reviewed, assessed and confirmed by the IMAS Central Office to determine the lists of medalists.
5) The IMAS Central office will send the electronic files of certificate format, detailed performance reports and analysis of the first round on or before January 15, 2012. The IMAS Coordinator must take charge of the reproduction and distribution of the certificates, detailed performance reports and analysis of each participant. The results of the second round together with the medals for top scorers will be sending out to national coordinator of every participating country/region by April 1, 2012.
6. The IMAS Central Office will be sending invitation to qualifiers to attend the IMAS Summer Camp on April 10, 2012. Confirmation of participation should be made not later than April 15, 2012; otherwise the slot will be given to interested participant.
For those countries/regions that will did not participate in the IMAS 2011, the invitation for the International Mathematics Competition (IMC) 2012 will be sent out on or before April 10, 2012.
The address of IMAS Central Office:
Chiu Chang Mathematics Education Foundation
No.8, Lane 157, Sec.1, Da-An Road Taipei, 106, Taiwan, R.O.C.
TEL:-886-2-23257418 FAX:-886-2-27067353 23257420
e-mail: email@example.com http://www.chiuchang.org.tw
Bank Transfer Details:
Remitteebank’s Name : First Commercial Bank Hsin-Wei Branch
Remitteebank’s Address : No. 368, Sec. 1, Fu-Hsin Rd., Taipei, Taiwan R. O. C.
SWIFT Code : FCBKTWTPXXX
Remitteebank’s Account No. : 11350277799
Remitteebank’s Name : Chiu Chang Mathematics Education Foundation
Remitteebank’s Telephone No. : 886-2-23257418