Guidelines of International Mathematics Assessment for Schools
(1) The International Mathematics Assessment for Schools (IMAS) is in search of a Regional or National Coordinator for every member region/country. The application is now open on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis and interested applicants may manifest their intention by sending a Notice of Intent to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org . The IMAS Central Office will deliberate the application and its approval will be made known through email. Likewise, IMAS Central Office will send to each coordinator his/her own language version of the test questions for the first round in electronic file before October 20, 2013. The coordinator must take charge of the reproduction of the contest papers and set rules for the administration of the test.
(2) Every region/country must organize its own Contest Administration Team to handle every IMAS activity of which its first round of examination may be conducted any time between November 1 to December 15, 2013 and the second round on any date from February 1 to March 31, 2014. In order to preserve the integrity of the IMAS, test questionnaires should be collected from the participants after writing the test and these may only be given back to the participants after every deadline has been met and when the test is presumed to have already been administered in all regions/countries.
3. The contest papers are written in Chinese and English. The region/country preferring the papers to be in its language must nominate, not later than September 30, 2013, a math expert translator. This math expert translator will be a member of the translation committee who will be invited to a translators’ meeting of which place/venue will be specified and travel expenses will be shouldered by the IMAS Central Office.
4). The Contest Administration Team may adopt either optical scanner or manual scoring in checking the 1st round answer sheets of all the contestants. Furthermore, the IMAS Coordinator must accomplish the following items and submit them to the IMAS Central Office on the dates specified herein:
a. IMAS 1st Round: Its results encoded in Excel spreadsheet must be submitted not later than December 20, 2013;
b. IMAS 2nd Round: Its results still encoded in Excel spreadsheet, list of top scorers’ names and papers must be submitted on or before March 31, 2014.
All results will be reviewed, assessed and confirmed by the IMAS Central Office to determine the lists of medalists.
5) The IMAS Central office will send the electronic files of certificate format, detailed performance reports and analysis of the first round on or before January 15, 2014. The IMAS Coordinator must take charge of the reproduction and distribution of the certificates, detailed analysis performance reports of each participant. The results of the second round together with the medals for top scorers will be sent out to national coordinator of every participating country/region by April 15, 2014.
6. The IMAS Central Office will be sending invitation to qualifiers to attend the IMAS Summer Camp on April 20, 2014. Confirmation of participation should be made not later than April 30, 2014; otherwise the slot will be given to an interested participant.
The address of IMAS Central Office:
Chiu Chang Mathematics Education Foundation
No.8, Lane 157, Sec.1, Da-An Road Taipei, 106, Taiwan, R.O.C.
TEL:-886-2-23257418 FAX:-886-2-27067353 23257420
e-mail: email@example.com http://www.chiuchang.org.tw
Bank Transfer Details:
Remitteebank’s Name : First Commercial Bank Hsin-Wei Branch
Remitteebank’s Address : No. 368, Sec. 1, Fu-Hsin Rd., Taipei, Taiwan R. O. C.
SWIFT Code : FCBKTWTPXXX
Remitteebank’s Account No. : 11350277799
Remitteebank’s Name : Chiu Chang Mathematics Education Foundation
Remitteebank’s Telephone No. : 886-2-23257418